Wednesday, December 13, 2017

{Snow Day}

Y'all.  We got snow.  Real Snow. In Brenham, Texas. 

And it was the most unexpected surprise ever!  Last week, there was chatter on the weather news about possible snow/sleet in South Central Texas on Thursday night, but the weatherman actually gave Brenham only a 1% chance.

Morgan was spending the evening with me & around 6pm, I went outside & saw a few flurries.  I figured that was all we were going to get so we went outside, took a few pics & were thankful for our one shot a winter this year.
But it kept snowing.  
And it kinda started to accumulate.
7:00 & it was still snowing.
8:00 & it was still snowing.
9:00 & it was still snowing.
10:00 & it was still snowing.

Slowly but surely, Brenham was transforming into a winter wonderland.  It was like we were living in a snow globe.  
Nola was snug as a bug in her flannel pj's! =)
I went to bed that night hoping & praying that it would still be there when I woke up. I opened the door to this...
Y'all, pictures do not do it justice. It was absolutely gorgeous.
 
I kinda wanted to stay home & look out the window all day.  I mean, who would have ever thought?!
My drive to work...
Picture overload I know.  #sorrynotsorry
But y'all, it's been like 30+ years since we have received this much snow so it has to be documented & documented well.  

We leave on Saturday for NYC & I absolutely cannot wait!  Unfortunately no snow in the forecast while we are there but I'm at least hoping for some winter-like temps.  Can't wait to tell y'all all about it so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment